Costco Wholesale Australia Member Privileges and Conditions
We look forward to serving you as a Costco member. Your membership and the privileges
and conditions of membership are described below. If you have any questions, please
ask our member services personnel at any Costco membership counter, or email
- Membership is available to all qualifying individuals 18 years of age and over.
- Costco reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant and membership is
revocable without cause.
- Membership is subject to any and all rules adopted by Costco including our privacy
policies and practices, and they may be amended from time to time without notice.
Membership Cards and Fees
- Membership fee is for one twelve (12)-month period from the date of enrolment of
the primary cardholder.
- Your card is valid at any Costco warehouse worldwide.
- You will be requested to show your card when entering Costco warehouses and when
checking out at the register.
- Your membership card must have a card number and your photo to be valid. If your
photo is not on your card, stop by the membership counter to have your photo taken
and added to your card.
- If your card is ever lost or stolen, your picture prevents unauthorised use.
- Report lost or stolen cards to any Costco membership counter immediately, or email
- Memberships may be terminated at Costco’s discretion. Cards remain the property
of Costco and must be returned upon request.
- Cards are not transferable.
- A free household Card is available to a primary cardholder’s spouse, domestic partner,
or immediate family member over the age of 18 and living at the same address. Household
Cardholders will be asked to present proof that they live at the same address as
the primary cardholder.
- You may bring up to two guests in the warehouse each time you shop, though only
Costco members may purchase items.
Renewing, Adding or Deleting Cards
- The primary member must authorise renewal or cardholder changes, including additions
or deletions, and is responsible for the membership.
- You will receive a renewal notice each year. Renewal fees are due no later than
the last day of the month your membership expires. You may remit your renewal fee
online at www.costco.com.au or at any
- Membership renewal must be completed for all cardholders on the membership when
the renewal is processed.
- You will not receive new membership cards each year.
- Memberships renewed within 2 months after expiration of the current membership year
will be extended for 12 months from the expiration date. Memberships renewed more
than 2 months after such expiration will be extended for 12 months from the renewal
Risk-Free 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- On Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are
- On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will
refund your purchase price. This is in addition to your rights under the Australian
- Each item is marked with an item number or a UPC Code. The price of the item, along
with the description and identifying number, is posted above the item.
- We welcome cash, debit/ATM cards, VISA, Mastercard & American Express.
- Costco does not accept manufacturers’ discount coupons or other retail establishment
discount coupons (other than those distributed by Costco).
- Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse,
however, only Costco members may purchase items.
- Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
- Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.
- Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon
entering or leaving the warehouse.
- To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased,
all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
- We respect your right to privacy and our Privacy Statement outlines our policies
and practices in detail.
- Please obtain a copy from our membership counter, or view/read the privacy statement